Thursday 20 October 2016

Breathe......


Image result for happy place


Do you ever get tired of all the advice that is thrown at you from the internet? Ten ways to do this, five things successful people do every day, thirty things you ought to know before you are thirty...yadda, yadda... and the lists go on. Does it all become overwhelming? Do you find that each attempt to follow the advice results in increasing levels of inertia.....growing numbers of failed attempts leading to increasing levels of reluctance to try again? I know. I've been there. So here's what I'm suggesting........give it all a break. Time out. Chuck it. Breathe....

I know.....isn't that what I am guilty of right now? Giving you advice. Maybe. But I am right at this place right now and needed to escape...to my comfort zone; my happy place; my introverted self; my writing....and I write not because I'm good at it. I write not because others look forward to it...not for an audience. I write because it is my happy place; the place I escape to, far from the madding crowd...away from the sometimes cruel eyes of scrutiny; not caring a bit about other people's opinion of my abilities..just opening up, being me, speaking to my spirit; calling forth that which is natural and beautiful....in my own eyes. And I am deliberate about it. I am purposeful about my refreshing, my escape. I empty the space of other people's opinions and expectations. And I elicit the unknown.

So while I may be guilty of attempting to follow the internet's road to perfection and success advice sometimes....in the back of my head always is the thought that this is my journey...my pace....my story...and I tell tell it just the way I want. There will be times when I keep pace with the crowd, times when I am slow and steady... but most importantly times when I back out altogether...times when I heed the call for a refreshing....when I remind myself what's really important in life.

So where do you go when you want to stop the voices telling you how to go from good to great? Yes...those voices that beckon to you mercilessly everyday of your life....sounds your heart responds to, but sounds from which you need to withdraw and retreat to preserve your sanity sometimes? What is your happy place? Is it calling to you now. Be deliberate. Make some time and space for your happy place. Get back in touch with your soul. Answer the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Being Happily Discontented

  "Live your life each day  as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit  keeps the goal in mind, But...