Saturday 27 May 2017

Make Your story epic!


Related image
Google.com - Change the story you tell!
"People believe what you tell them about yourself,".... so they say, and whether you realize it or not, you tell your story everyday. The quality of your relationships, the tone of your conversations, the emotions your presence evokes, the confidence (or lack thereof) in your steps, your ability to command the respect of a team.....all tell your story. The good news is you have full control over what gets told.

Your personal brand is what we're talking about here. Now let's be clear on one thing: having great talent does not guarantee a great story or an excellent brand. Can you think of anyone you know who has great talent but who just hasn't been able to realize the success that their talents should elicit? Is that person you? I know..... I've been there. For years my personal brand has been affected by fear, a lack of confidence, anger, frustration, an inability (and sometimes unwillingness) to be sociable, and probably the worst one....constant feelings of inadequacy. Can you imagine all of this wrapped up in a single bundle? Like a powder keg waiting to explode, right? Well that was my brand - for many years. And you can well imagine, it did me no good.

But I've watched myself grow over the years. I realized that if I wanted my personal brand to have global impact I needed to tell a different story. So I became intentional about change.....My attitude, my willingness to engage with others, my too-frequently-negative mindset, my lack of confidence.... everything that didn't serve the purpose of improving the story my life told had to go....and that included some people. And over time, with the help of other growth-obsessed friends, intentional self awareness, and generous helpings of Divine intervention, I've watched my story change.

So how about you? How is your story? What do you need to change? Who do you need to let go of? What new habits do you need to create in order that your life may tell a more intriguing story? There are not many things we have control over in this life, but our response....our "happily ever after" remains a function of our intentional efforts at change, no matter our circumstances. There's never been a better time to take up the note-pad of your life, move an eraser across the pages you don't like, take your pencil in hand, turn the pages if you must, and re-write your story. The world awaits the epic best-seller it has the power to become!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Being Happily Discontented

  "Live your life each day  as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit  keeps the goal in mind, But...