Wednesday 6 May 2020

Just express, Don't try to impress!

The change in my approach to writing is indicative of the change in my approach to life in general. I remember when it took me hours, days even, to write something I felt was worthy of public consumption. I would write and erase, and write again and erase again. It never felt good enough. I oftentimes felt the quality of my writing left me exposed to the vagaries of criticism, the type I wasnt sure I was prepared to handle. Cknsequently, so much was left unwritten...effectively unsaid.

Today, I find I write an article or blogpost in minutes. I express myself with very little care as to whether it will impact someone in ways that tell a story of my ability to write or not. I simply express myself. With no intent to impress. It's far less pressure and far more effective.

This is my third blog post in under three hours. None of them is perfect. I'm sure there are typos and punctuation issues, maybe even grammatical errors. I've found that people dont care much. I've found I'm learning to care less. I'm not aiming at perfection. Right now I'm not even sure I'm aiming at excellence. My intention is to use every medium at my disposal (this included) to have my say; to put my voice in the room...in ways that are simple and relatable. That's it.

So, once again as I use this opportunity prove to myself that I CAN, I am grateful for this urge that tells me there is more to be done with this talent. I'm happy for this strong desire to bring it to reality. I'm happy that I'm not allowing my tendency towards perfectionism to hold me back. I'm grateful for the willingness to embrace vulnerability
 Man, how I have grown! Peace...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Being Happily Discontented

  "Live your life each day  as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit  keeps the goal in mind, But...